Creating a lasting legacy for the West Midlands: The Inclusive Communities Fund is a direct result of the budget surplus from the 2022 Commonwealth Games. Through the Fund, £9million will be awarded to community-based organisations across the West Midlands, enabling access to exciting opportunities and fresh funding.
The Inclusive Communities Fund will support local communities to propose and implement solutions to real issues in their areas, allowing local people to drive positive change.
Working in Partnership
The Fund is administered by the Heart of England Community Foundation alongside United By 2022, who will engage and support community organisations to successfully apply for a slice of the funding.
The Fund shares the four original core mission principles of the Commonwealth Games:
- Bringing people together
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Helping the region to grow
- Putting the region on the map
Grants will be available for works, activities and services that will contribute to the four core missions, and which fall within one or more of the following three themes:
- Physical activity and sport
- Mental health and well-being
- Arts, culture and creativity
Grant Thresholds & Application Periods!
All grant thresholds will be open for applications from 6th November 2023!
- Small Works and Refurbishment Grants close on 4- January 2024 (up to £100,000)
- Small Grants (up to £15,000) and Medium Grants (£15,000 to £75,000) will have varying closing dates in throughout 2023 – 2024
- Large Grants (£75,000 to £300,000) will close on 4-January 2024